- 100 Proof – 88 Fingers Louie (Best Punk Rock Songs 13/13)
- Hero Of Our Time – Satanic Surfers (Best Punk Rock Songs 12/13)
- Crush – Over It (Best Punk Rock Songs 11/13)
- Cease – Bad Religion (Best Punk Rock Songs 10/13)
- Always – Good Riddance (Best Punk Rock Songs 09/13)
- Torches – Rise Against (Best Punk Rock Songs 08/13)
- Divorce – Craig’s Brother (Best Punk Rock Songs 07/13)
- Alison’s Disease – Lagwagon (Best Punk Rock Songs 06/13)
- On The Outside – No Use For A Name (Best Punk Rock Songs 05/13)
- The Decline – NOFX (Best Punk Rock Songs 03/13)
- The King Is Dead – A Wilhelm Scream (Best Punk Rock Songs 03/13)
- Propagandhi – Purina Hall of Fame (Best Punk Rock Songs 02/13)
- Strung Out – Velvet Alley (Best Punk Rock Songs 01/13)
Number 7 on my list of the Top 13 Punk Rock songs is Divorce by Craig’s Brother. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, there are unresolved issues with GEMA and YouTube. So here’s a live version of the band performing the song instead of the album version.
- Position: 7 (of 13)
- Song Title: Divorce*
- Band: Craig’s Brother
- On Album: Lost At Sea*
- Year: 2001
- Lyrics: Craig’s Brother – Divorce
Although quite unknown, Craig’s Brother wrote a lot of really great punk rock songs, in my opinion. Divorce was the first one I listened to and I was instantly hooked. The melodic vocals and their diversified instrument parts add up to some really catchy songs.
I really like the 2001 version better than the “original” one from Keepin’ It Real. I think the newer version sounds more mature. But decide for yourself.
But Craig’s Brother also released a new album a while ago (The Insidious Lie*, 2011, which is completely FREE on Amazon Prime*, by the way) and they continue to rock! Take The Thousand Yard Stare*, for example. How can it get more melodic than this chorus?
Did you know Craig’s Brother, already? What’s your favourite song by the band?